Hello to all my current and former students! Thanks for visiting!
Traveling to the places that you learn about in Social Studies class and taking educational selfies and videos when I get there. Click here to check out my travels and blog posts.
- Introducing the Ancient Greeks: From Bronze Age Seafarers to Navigators of the Western Mind by Edith Hall
- SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome by Mary Beard
- Classical Art: From Greece to Rome by Mary Beard and John Henderson (if you couldn’t tell, I like Mary Beard)
- Confronting the Classics by Mary Beard
- Watching the 4-part series: The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance (it’s on YouTube)
- The Apology by Plato
- The Iliad by Homer
- Second Treatise of Government by John Locke
- The Social Contract by John Jacques Rousseau
- Fire and Light: How the Enlightenment Transformed Our WorldFire and Light: How the Enlightenment Transformed Our World by James MacGregor Burns
- A great travelogue: The Songlines by Bruce Chatwin, despite all the controversy
- My favorite novels: Moby Dick, Don Quixote and Let the Great World Spin